Research and Technology
Allied’s state-of-the-art research facilities offer customized research and design refractory systems for metal melting and holding applications.
Allied has two research facilities: one at Allied’s corporate office in Columbus, Ohio, with 30 technically trained staff members; and another in Tianjin, China, with 10 additional technicians.
Beyond creating a wide variety of high performing refractory products, these facilities can provide innovative solutions through patent-generating research and extensive knowledge of product development, design and improvement.
- Shotcreting and gunning laboratory
- Modern analytical testing equipment (XRF, XRD, SEM)
- Forensic analysis capabilities
- Evaluations of specific metal slag and chemistry changes in contact with specific refractory products
- Post-mortem analysis
- Onsite gunning and shotcreting lab
- Customized research and design systems
- Unique installation properties – vibration cast, pump cast, gunning and shotcrete
- Tailored product selection to improve refractory performance
Learn more about Allied
We produce success with our customized refractory products, proactive problem-solving, technical support and global commitment. Learn more about Allied and everything we do to benefit our customers.