ARMORMAX® can withstand repeated thermal cycling, mechanical impact and abrasion due to its high reinforcing needle content.
The metal fibers are pre-blended and uniformly distributed in the refractory matrix.
- High fracture toughness when thermally cycled
- Low abrasion loss
- High mechanical impact resistance
- Well suited for applications up to 1200°C (2200°F) continuous exposure
- Characterized for low water requirements (ranging from 4.5% to 6.5% by weight)
- All versions are low-cement castables
- Excellent flowability for high wire-containing refractory ceramic castables