Silica Hazard Information
For over 40 years, Allied has been notifying, informing and warning customers of the potential hazards associated with the use and disposal of crystalline silica-based refractory materials.
In our continued efforts to keep our customers informed, please find attached our detailed letter communicating the potential hazards of crystalline silica and our Safety Data Sheet for Silica Refractory
- Crystalline Silica Refractory Materials Communication Letter
- Crystalline Silica Refractory Materials Communication Letter – Europe
- Safety Data Sheet – Silica Refractories
- Safety Data Sheet – Silica Refractories – Europe
OSHA’s current permissible exposure limits (PELs) for crystalline silica were adopted in 1971 and have not been updated since. OSHA is now looking to update them and create a whole new standard of restrictive rules that greatly impact all industries that work with crystalline silica. Like many companies, Allied has concerns with this proposal. Our position on this issue can be found in the link below.
- Allied’s Position on OSHA’s Proposed Silica Standard
Learn more about Allied
We produce success with our customized refractory products, proactive problem-solving, technical support and global commitment. Learn more about Allied and everything we do to benefit our customers.