Coreless Gas Purging
MINRO STIR PRO and NXG NOZZLES bring the advantages of inert gas stirring of molten metals to the coreless induction furnace and foundries.
Customer experiences (ferrous and non-ferrous foundry):
- Decreased dissolved gases in the metal
- Increased cleanliness of the metal
- Improved metal density
- Decreased scrap castings
- Less grinding and cutoffs required during finishing process
- Reduced oxidation of molten metal bath in an air-melt coreless due to “blanket” of inert gas on top of the bath during bubbling
Available in many sizes to fit a range of coreless furnaces. Several types of nozzles are available:
- The original MINRO STIR PRO NOZZLE – Durable stainless steel-can design allows for use over multiple campaigns.
- The MINRO STIR CAST PRO NOZZLE – An all ceramic design. Useful for applications where high temperature or possible magnetic coupling is present.
- The MINI NOZZLE – Features a small cross section for use in 500lb or smaller furnaces.
- The new NGX Nozzles offer improved flow characteristics due to a next generation of proprietary porous refractory design.
We also offer MINRO STIR PRO FLO Kits which include everything you need to ensure accurate and consistent delivery of the inert gas to the furnace.
- Each kit includes one of each of the following:
- One Delivery Hose with Fittings
- One Custom Adaptor Fitting
- One Premium Flow and Pressure Meter
- One Mica Sleeve and Washer
Learn more about Allied
We produce success with our customized refractory products, proactive problem-solving, technical support and global commitment. Learn more about Allied and everything we do to benefit our customers.