Eventually your furnace will experience a breakout.
Silmeta’s Emergency Run-Out Pits (ROPs) system
The run-out is beneath the furnace and it directs the molten metal to the pit, which holds 120% of the maximum furnace contents. The floor beneath the furnace and the run-out pit is made of precast, heat-absorbing elements. The Silmeta system is in the “pit-within-the-pit” where they invented and designed their Emergency Run-Out Pits (ROPs) system with patented materials to prevent the water-molten metal combustion that can occur during an explosion.
About the technology
- The “pit-within-the-pit” area is lined with Silmeta’s patented Foamceramic material
- Properly sinters to isolate the molten metal
- Drains water present – even when soaked with water
- System can be adapted or retrofitted to a current system
Why Silmeta’s Emergency Run-Out Pits (ROPs) system?
After the molten metal has cooled in the pit, the solid metal mass is quickly and easily removed by means of the pre-installed crane hooks. The ROP can be reinstalled in a matter of days, resulting in a faster and less expensive restoration to operations than other collection pits.
Benefits of the system:
- Eliminates injuries from breakouts.
- Reduce time and cost to get back to work after a breakout.
- An essential tool for safety-focused and cost-conscious foundries.
Allied Mineral Products has partnered with Silmeta Systems to become the exclusive supplier of ROP’s in North America.
Contact Allied at email@example.com for more information.
Learn more about Allied
We produce success with our customized refractory products, proactive problem-solving, technical support and global commitment. Learn more about Allied and everything we do to benefit our customers.